In the Season of Waiting...




In our lives, each one of us will go through different seasons. There are different seasons for different people, there are different reasons for them also. As a whole, they are all part of God's plan. One season that I know is experienced across all Christian's is waiting. We all wait for something- answered prayers, an answer, a path- we just wait. I am currently in a season of waiting, so I write this as a fellow Christian woman who is waiting. Our reasons for waiting are all unique to our own. What I am waiting for, somebody else may have, what I have may be what somebody else is waiting for. It's no competition, God just knows each one of us best and in depth. 
In the season of waiting, there are a few lessons we can learn. Waiting produces faith, in the midst of waiting, we have faith that God will deliver- you wonder why some things take seconds for God answer yet some take years? It is because His timing is not ours, He teaches us through these moments. He can teach us patience, faith, trust or for us to just grow closer to Him.

We must understand and know that waiting is not a bad thing. Through the waiting, He moulds us and teaches but also He prepares us for what is at the end of that waiting. We must daily be preparing, by digging deeper into His Word, communicating with Him. Be honest with Him, He knows everything. Speak to Him, as He is our Father, sometimes we just need to ask Him and you will be surprised how He answers. 
Let the season of waiting be an addition to your testimony to share to others. Enjoy the season of waiting, for God has a plan and path for you! Just look to Him to keep on it!

While being in my own season of waiting, some verses have stuck to me that may also encourage you as they did for me:
❁ Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.- Mark 11:24 ❁
❁ Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD!- Psalm 27:14 ❁
❁ But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.- James 1:4 ❁
❁ Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content. I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.- Philippians 4:11-13 ❁

What can you do through the season of waiting?

1. Trust. You have got to have faith in God, you've got to look forward to see how beautiful your creator has painted out your path. It is easier said than done, believe me I have had moments where I have crashed down and cried out to God questioning why, but that's when Mark 11:24 came to me and it encouraged as well as comforted me and I have believed in that verse and trust God for He is not a liar, He is a promise-keeper; remember that!
2. Grow. You have God's Word, stick yourself into it and grow! Let God do His work in you, give your all to Him. He is the potter and we are the clay, we as clay can't build or change ourselves- only our Creator. Take time to spend with Him, fellowship with others, worship, pray- do whatever it is that let's you did deeper into God's Word. Just do it- it is the best thing you can do! I can not stress that enough. Whenever I feel down about it or feel like I'm drifting- when I pick up my Bible- everything changes, I have this sense of peace and encouragement. It's only God who can do that.
3. Don't focus on what you don't have. You can't get everything by the click of your fingers. So while you don't have what you're waiting for, soak in the moments you are in and be content. Focus on what God has already blessed you with, give thanks and praise. 
4. Don't let satan win. Satan will do whatever he can to destroy you. That is a simple fact. So any doubting thoughts, anything that will remove your focus or steal your joy is him. We must realise that Jesus has already won, He paid it all. Sin does not have any dominion over you now, and certainly satan does not. We are God's chosen people, His beloved children- we are His. So walk in confidence of that today!

Where a season of waiting can seem never-ending; trust that God's timing is perfect, and it will all work out because He is the perfect painter, perfect creator and He is in control!  Remember : Until the door is open, Praise HIM in the hallway! 
Thank you for reading this post! Feel free to get in touch for any prayers, blog ideas etc! Praise God!
Until next time... Bye! x



No comments:

Post a Comment

♡ My Testimony: UPDATED ♡

Last year I shared my personal testimony and a lot has happened since then so I thought I would write an updated version! BUT before you r...